This release marks the addition of a new feature, the Windows 8/8.1/10 Toast notification. You can now use them to get notified when a device changes state. By default it’s silent, but you can choose any sound.
Also, the trayicon of SoundSwitch will now take the icon of the current default device (only after the first switch). In case you don’t like the icon, you can always set a new one in the Playback settings of Windows.
Moreover, I received a couple of email about adding a way to thank me for my work; I set up a donation page, and I added a donation button directly in SoundSwitch. There won’t be any nagging about donating.
This version will also update your runtime library .NET to 4.6.2 and your VC Redist 2015 to the build 24212 (Update 3).
SoundSwitch Toast: 3.12.2
- Add a donate button #127
- Installer doesn’t check for the right version of VC Redist 2015 #126
- Device Icon used in Settings is the small one #125
- App crashes on launch #124
- Device-dependent system tray icon #122
- SoundSwitch crash when stopping #123
- Update to .NET 4.6.2 #118
- Accessing ‘help’ at any time #105
- Request: Notification pop up with custom sound? #73
- Don’t switch to already default device #117
- Request: WinKey as modifier #109
- Not switching “default communications device” #106
- Nevermind #104